SEDALIA, Mo. – The Missouri State Fair, a staple of life since 1901, is set to make its annual return to Sedalia this weekend, and here is everything attendees need to know.
The fair kicks off Thursday, Aug. 11 and will be open 7:30 a.m. to 10 p.m. each day through Aug. 21. The box office, along with most events at the fair, will open at 9 a.m. each day. Special events such as concerts and exhibits will have their own hours as well.
Regular single-day gate admission is $12 for adults, $8 for seniors, $3 for kids 6-12 and free for kids 5 and younger. Tickets can be bought at the fairgrounds box office, Break Time convenience stores and Orscheln Farm and Home stores. Tickets to grandstand events are not included with the general admission.
For more information on the grandstand events, visitors can visit the website. The biggest names at the event will be Trace Adkins on Aug. 11 and ZZ Top on Aug. 17.
Parking at the fairgrounds is free, but there is an option to upgrade to VIP parking for $5. There are four entrances to the fairgrounds, and three lots for general public parking.
The fair is located at 2503 W. 16th St. in Sedalia, at the intersection of Highway 65 and 16th Street. Visitors are allowed to bring their own food and drink to the fair; however, outside alcoholic beverages are not allowed. Coolers are subject to search at the front gate. Service animals are allowed at the fair.
There are also special deals to save a few bucks on ticket purchases:
- Thursday, Aug. 11: Family Value Day. Everyone 13 and older gets $4 fair admission, and kids 6-12 get in for $2.
- Saturday, Aug. 13: Law Enforcement/Firefighter Appreciation Day. Free gate admission for law enforcement, firefighters, and EMTs/paramedics with I.D. and a $1 gate admission for immediate family.
- Sunday, Aug. 14: Military Appreciation Day. Free gate admission for active military, veterans, and delayed entry recruits with I.D. and a $1 gate admission for family members.
- Thursday, Aug. 18: Governor’s Legislators’ & Judges’ Day. $5 gate admission after 5 p.m. for people 13 and older. Kids 12 and younger are all free.
- Sunday, Aug 21: Family Preparedness Half Price Day. Gate admission at $6 for everyone 13 and older. Kids ages 6-12 are just $1.
For more questions about the Missouri State Fair, visit its FAQ page.